Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Google Docs - Love it or Hate it?

Well, after this assignment I'm leaning toward the latter. I know this is because I'm just not used to it. Sometimes it's hard to start something new. I had my husband download Word, Excel and Powerpoint for Mac because I'm just not crazy about Pages, Numbers and Keynote.

Anyway, back to Google Docs. I can definitely see the main plus that since it is web-based you can access your projects from any computer. Of course, since I carry my laptop with me practically everywhere that is more of a moot point for me. I did like the fact that once you do an initial save, it will intermittently save changes as you are making them.

If I had to use it in my classroom it would probably be for flyers like the one created in this assignment. I could also use it to make up tests or quizzes. Will I use it? Ask me again in four years (hopefully) and I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I actually have been converted. I use it for my papers because then when I go to print something at HACC I don't have to worry about whether I have my flash drive with me. It is kind of a pain to add text boxes and photos and such, but I guess the more ya use it the easier it'll get (hopefully)!

    ReplyDelete